Our services are based on a deep understanding of the special characteristics of civil society organisations:
- Objectives are hard to specify precisely
- Impact is difficult to measure
- Organisations are accountable to many different stakeholders
- Governance structures are complex
- Voluntarism is an essential ingredient
We recognise that consultancy has to be delivered in ways that reflect the culture of the sector and the values of each organisation that we support.
We work with Chairs to:
- Review the performance of governance
- Clarify board and management relationships
- Re-structure boards and committees
- Establish systems for reviewing the effectiveness of governance.
We work with Chief Executives and Divisional Directors to:
- Review team performance
- Coach teams and individuals to increase their effectiveness
- Strengthen team relationships.
We work with boards and senior managers to:
- Establish and clarify strategic direction
- Create inspiring strategic plans
- Prepare ambitious and realistic business and operational plans.
We work with Chairs and Chief Executives to:
- Plan and deliver powerful and effective away-days
- Facilitate meetings of boards and senior management teams
- Provide independent chairmanship for partnerships and alliances.
Research and evaluation
We work with organisations to:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research
- Evaluate the effectiveness of services
- Recommend ways of increasing impact
- Research new opportunities