Our research has demonstrated that excellent performance of governance requires a combination of clear structures, effective processes, experienced people and appropriate behaviours.
We help organisations to:
- Review the performance of governance
We carry out interview and questionnaire based performance reviews to help boards pinpoint what they do well and areas for improvement. We benchmark performance against other organisations and we work with board task groups to support implementation of agreed actions
- Re-structure governance
We help governing bodies to review and re-structure their overall governance arrangements.
This can include:
- Re-structuring boards and establishing new ones
- Re-structuring committees, advisory boards and task groups
- Creating and developing international structures
- Developing structures across the four nations of the UK.
- Strengthen board and management relationships
We help boards and senior managers to align expectations of each other, clarify relationships and work effectively as a team
- Develop governance skills
We help chairs, chief executives, boards and senior managers to develop governance skills by:
- Undertaking skills audits
- Reviewing individual board and committee member performance
- Supporting induction of new members
- Providing coaching and mentoring support.
Our clients in this area include:
Canal and River Trust
Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
European Council on Foreign Relations
Friends of the Earth
Girls Day School Trust
Greensleeves Home Trust
Lawn Tennis Association
Magna Housing Group
Natural History Museum
Royal College of Nursing
St John Ambulance
UCL Hospitals Charitable Foundation
Wikimedia Foundation (USA)