‘A comprehensive overview of the leadership and management in the voluntary sector with wisdom and insight about how to navigate its inherent ambiguity’ Mike Adamson, Chief Executive, British Red Cross
‘This book has always been required reading for those involved in management in the voluntary sector and this new and updated version with its focus on leadership and governance will be even more valuable’ Baroness Pitkeathley, House of Lords
What does it cover?
Whether your organisation is a charity, a housing association, a college, a campaigning organisation or an arms-length government body, this guide offers a practical overview of how to lead, govern and manage civil society organisations, with comprehensive information backed up with case studies diagrams and case studies.
- How chairs and chief executives should work together to provide strong leadership
- How to ensure boards and committees deliver maximum value
- How to focus the organisation on delivering impact
- How leadership teams work most effectively
- How to create high performing teams
- How to get the greatest benefits from strategic partnerships